Disclaimer: this is just a short recap of what Martin Dráb explained in his article https://dev.goshoom.net/2012/08/purpose-of-code-reviews/.
Purpose of code reviews
- Internal quality:
- Overall approach – does the code do the right thing by proper means?
- Maintainability/extensibility – are we able to easily extend the solution, fix bugs etc.?
- Testability – are we able to test the code?
- Documentation – are we able to understand why the code was made and what it does?
- Performance – is the design correct from performance perspective?
- Functional testing: Some bugs are much more visible when looking into code
- Knowledge sharing: Discussions between the developer and the reviewer
- BP check
- DevOps code review request
Top 10 issues discovered from Dynamics AX Code Review