If you have chosen to create an additional environment by means of copy-paste and backup-restore commands do not forget about one little thing.
1. In MS SQL management utility do backup of the database of the environment that you have chosen as an 'original' one.
2. Create another database and restore your backup to it (restore transactions logs backup too if presented).
2.1. (A litle important thing!) In the database you should find SysServerSessions table and delete all rows there.
3. Copy-paste C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\40\Application\Appl\Standard or other folder where your original application was installed with other appropriate name. E.g.:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\40\Application\Appl\Standard_Test
4. From DAX Setup install additional Object Server having pointed this instance to the recently created database and unchecked Start the AOS Windows service as part of installation option.
5. With Microsoft Dynamics AX Server Configuration Utility choose the new instance of AOS, create a new configuration based on the active configuration and set Application instance to the new one.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment